D dropped in favour of C# for PSP emulator

Jakob Bornecrantz wallbraker at gmail.com
Mon May 14 01:19:40 PDT 2012

On Saturday, 12 May 2012 at 23:27:15 UTC, Alex Rønne Petersen
wrote:

> You know, my project consisting of 130-ish source files and
> 24.000-ish lines of code compiles from scratch in ~20 seconds
> on my machine, building one file at a time... I honestly have
> not managed to come up with a build system for D that is
> actually slow, if compared to C/C++.

Try using GDC the compiler that can actually produce good code,
or using -inline -release flags.

Debug build (GDC, multi invocation, 3 threads)
real	0m42.452s

Release build (GDC, multi invocation, 3 threads)
real	1m0.140s

Debug build (GDC, single invocation)
real	0m22.151s

Release build (GDC, single invocation)
real	0m54.960s

$ find src/ -name "*.d" | xargs wc -l | tail --lines 1
     46057 total

Cheers, Jakob.