arrays: if(null == [ ])

Gor Gyolchanyan gor.f.gyolchanyan at gmail.com
Mon May 14 03:08:17 PDT 2012

Hi! I have a small question:
Is the test for a null array equivalent to a test for zero-length array?
This is particularly interesting for strings.
For instance, I could return an empty string from a toString-like function
and the empty string would be printed, but If I returned a null string,
that would indicate, that there is no string representation and it would
cause some default string to be printed.
So, the question is, if a null array is any different from an empty array?

--
Bye,
Gor Gyolchanyan.