How to contribute on github?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 07:24:48 PDT 2012

On Mon, 14 May 2012 08:09:48 -0400, Alex Rønne Petersen
<xtzgzorex at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I know it can be done much shorter, but to a beginner, the stuff I
> listed usually seems less 'magical'.

It's not magical if you don't wonder about it.

For example, setting up origin was a detail I never even thought about
until I had to create my own repository ;)  I thought it was just
implicitly defined.

Most people aren't interested in knowing the inner workings of git, they
only care about getting their contributions into the right place.

-Steve