Growing pains

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Mon May 14 10:14:26 PDT 2012

On 03.05.2012 18:50, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Just letting you all know we're working on the frustrating and
> increasingly frequent "Load at xx.xx, try again later" errors when
> reading this forum through NNTP. They are caused by a significant growth
> spurt in newsgroup readership that occurred in recent times. We are
> working with our provider to fix these issues.

Still here.
My observation is that there were 2 problems.
One usually involved some nonsense like with 4 digit numbers "in-watch
load 20xx gt 2000" (or simillar) - it is now seemingly gone.

Second one shows XX.X number which I derive for load factor (num of
processes in queue / num of CPUS).

Doubtful conclusion: configuration is fixed, resources are not there yet(?).

--
Dmitry Olshansky