Request for Review: DI Generation Improvements

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon May 14 17:59:49 PDT 2012

On Monday, May 14, 2012 17:36:49 Adam Wilson wrote:
> This can be easily changed. Does anyone see any potential problems with
> making this change?

The only modules in druntime that I am aware of where there would be actual
problems if their .d files were used instead of .di files would be those which
already have hand-maintained .di files (core.thread and object are the only two
that I'm aware of, though there might be others). Beyond that, core.rt
definitely should be using .di files, but AFAIK, it wouldn't actually hurt
anything beyond compilation times for them to be .d files, and AFAIK, all of
the rest of druntime can be .d files without causing any problems. Most of them
just hold C declarations anyway.

- Jonathan M Davis