deprecating std.stream, std.cstream, std.socketstream

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon May 14 21:54:46 PDT 2012

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 07:57:28PM -0700, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 5/14/2012 6:29 PM, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> >While we're at it, do we want to keep std.outbuffer?
>
> Since it's not range based, probably not.

Why not just fold this into std.io? I'm surprised that this is a
separate module, actually. It should either be folded into std.io, or
developed to be more generic (i.e., have range-based API, have more
features like auto-flushing past a certain size, etc.).

Prosperity breeds contempt, and poverty breeds consent. -- Suck.com