Correct dmd.conf for having both 32- and 64-bit versions of druntime/phobos?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon May 14 22:14:22 PDT 2012

For various testing purposes, I started keeping both 32-bit and 64-bit
versions of druntime/phobos around. However, I don't know how to tell
dmd to look for the appropriate path depending on whether -m32 or -m64
was specified; the only way I've managed to get this to work was to
specify in dmd.conf paths to both generated/linux/release/32 and
generated/linux/release/64, but this causes spurious warnings during
link time about one or the other libphobos.a being skipped due to
incompatible architecture.

Why doesn't dmd just take the base path and automatically search the
32/64 bit subdirectories for libphobos.a? Or how do I coax it to do so?

Be in denial for long enough, and one day you'll deny yourself of things you wish you hadn't.