Getting the const-correctness of Object sorted once and for all

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue May 15 04:40:27 PDT 2012

Walter Bright:

> Being able to reason about code is *intensely* important. All
> those decorations - const, pure, nothrow, out - serve to help
> that out.

Bertrand Meyer (Eiffel author) is now working a lot on this, as
you see from many of the last posts on his blog
(http://bertrandmeyer.com/ ). The "Modern Eiffel" language is
being designed right to allow more reasoning about code. This
seems a small trend in new languages, but I can't predict how
much important it will become in ten years.

Bye,
bearophile