Is dsource .org completely deserted?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue May 15 08:59:08 PDT 2012

"Nick Sabalausky" <SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote in message
news:jottlr$stf$1 at digitalmars.com...
> "foobar" <foo at bar.com> wrote in message
> news:cuucmsymdqnsrurlkfpg at forum.dlang.org...
>
>> Sure it doesn't support pull requests but that's the base for
>> GitHub's business model - they make money by offering useful
>> extensions on top of their hosting plans. There is no blunder
>> here, it's all very deliberate for the purpose of making money.
>> There's no point on ranting about that.
>>

> I'm well aware that it's deliberate, but it's still anti-competetive,
> asinine and anachronistic. And it's not as if the whole hosting thing
> isn't worth anything. That is, after all, what they *do*.

Wait, what the hell am I thinking? Even if is deliberate, and even if
"$$$!!" did excuse everything, it *still* doesn't even make a shred of sense
anyway: They *already* offer a free API which can be used for any of the
different forms of interop I was suggesting. So they're *already* ok with
all of what I suggested. Locking out interop is *not* part of their business
model. They've just implemented that interop in a colossally dumb way,
that's all.