Windows application manifests

Denis Shelomovskij verylonglogin.reg at gmail.com
Tue May 15 10:53:55 PDT 2012

15.05.2012 20:16, Gor Gyolchanyan написал:
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Kagamin <spam at here.lot
> <mailto:spam at here.lot>> wrote:
>
>     Manifests are extensible resources, they are used for various things
>     which require storing metadata in executable modules, for example
>     they're used to load version 6 of comctl32.dll instead of version 5
>     (pre-XP), thus getting different set of common controls, which
>     support ux themes.
>

> Thanks for the reply! How do I include such a manifest to my DMD-built
> executable?
>
> --
> Bye,
> Gor Gyolchanyan.

An example of my own preferred configuration:
http://deoma-cmd.ru/files/other/DWinResExample.7z

Everything in common folder is really common.

`requestedExecutionLevel` should be also defined in manifest or Windows
6.x's UAC will use heuristics to choose required privilege level.

--
Денис В. Шеломовский
Denis V. Shelomovskij