deprecating std.stream, std.cstream, std.socketstream

Nathan M. Swan nathanmswan at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:34:51 PDT 2012

On Monday, 14 May 2012 at 15:02:11 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> In other words, a stream of bytes, not a good range (who wants
> to get one byte at a time?).  A stream of UTF text broken into
> lines, a very good range.

There are several cases where one would want one byte at the
time; e.g. as an input to another range that produces the utf
text as an output.

I do agree for e.g. with binary data some data can't be read with
ranges (when you need to read small chunks of varying size), but
that doesn't mean most things shouldn't be ranged-based.

NMS