arrays: if(null == [ ])

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue May 15 15:58:58 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, May 16, 2012 00:48:44 Gor Gyolchanyan wrote:
> No, no and no. toUTFz could be called at compile-time. Absolutely no extra
> run-time allocations, absolutely no run-time overhead.

So, you're going to create a bunch of enums just to pass string literals to C
functions? Stuff like this happens all the time when interfacing with C code

func("hello world", 5, someVar);

I really don't see why it would be desirable to make

assert("" is null);

pass. And I _really_ don't see a problem with string literals being zero-
terminated. It makes dealing with them easier, and changing it would break a
lot of code.

- Jonathan M Davis