MBCS character code support

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed May 16 00:03:27 PDT 2012

On 5/15/2012 7:12 PM, Katayama Hirofumi MZ wrote:
> Hello, everyone!
>
> I want multibyte character string (MBCS) support except Unicode, UTF-8 and UTF-16.
>
> Could you make the D compiler generate Shift_JIS, EUC-JP code for every string
> literals by a specific command line option?
>
> Shift_JIS and EUC-JP are Japanese character set.

I'm familiar with Shift-JIS from the C compiler days.

D is designed to internally be all UTF-8, and the runtime code all assumes
UTF-8. I recommend programming in such a way that user input is converted from
Shift-JIS to UTF-8, then all processing is done in terms of UTF-8, then the
output is converted to Shift-JIS.