Request for Review: DI Generation Improvements

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 05:46:44 PDT 2012

On Tue, 15 May 2012 05:51:44 -0400, kenji hara <k.hara.pg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Old days import/core/thread.di was generated from src/core/thread.d .
> Current import/core/thread.di is generated from src/core/thread.*di* .

Huh?  Why the copy?  Just move src/core/thread.di to import/core/thread.di

object.di lives in import/core, I think it should be the same for all the
hand-maintained .di files.

FWIW, I thought thread.di was being generated because of this.

Also, I agree that thread and object are the only modules that need to be
.di files.  Everything else is already opaque for the most part, and the
pieces that aren't are just supporting code that can be visible.

What we need to protect is the runtime implementation, so projects cannot
depend on private APIs that may change.

-Steve