DFL?

Ronny ronnyzmanbarzell at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 08:16:52 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to get DFL to work and failing.  Details follow:

First, I downloaded the latest snapshot (dfl-20110523.exe
installer).

Next, I Installed in my DMD folder (c:\d\dmd2)

Then, I created a project as per the tutorial
(http://www.dprogramming.com/dfl/welcome.php)

Then I tried to build it (dfl -debug welcome.d -gui) [note: the
options were changed as per the errata]

When I did this, I got the following:
	DFL lib files not found.
	Would you like to build the DFL lib files now? [Y/n]

I answered Y and got the following:
Compiling debug DFL...

C:\D\dmd2\import\dfl>C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin\dmd -c -debug -g
-I.. all.d base.d
  application.d internal/dlib.d internal/clib.d internal/utf.d
internal/com.d con
trol.d form.d registry.d drawing.d menu.d notifyicon.d
commondialog.d filedialog
.d folderdialog.d panel.d textbox.d richtextbox.d picturebox.d
listbox.d groupbo
x.d splitter.d usercontrol.d button.d label.d collections.d
internal/winapi.d in
ternal/wincom.d event.d socket.d timer.d environment.d
messagebox.d tooltip.d co
mbobox.d treeview.d tabcontrol.d colordialog.d listview.d data.d
clipboard.d fon
tdialog.d progressbar.d resources.d statusbar.d imagelist.d
toolbar.d
application.d(1842): use of typedef is deprecated; use alias
instead
application.d(1842): use of typedef is deprecated; use alias
instead
internal\winapi.d(1726): use of typedef is deprecated; use alias
instead
internal\winapi.d(1726): use of typedef is deprecated; use alias
instead

Failed.

Done.
Could Not Find C:\D\dmd2\import\dfl\*.obj
DFL lib files not found.
Error: dfl_debug.lib not found

Press any key to continue . . .

I then replaced typedef with alias references to fix the messages
above and retried the compilation.  I got:
Compiling debug DFL...

C:\D\dmd2\import\dfl>C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin\dmd -c -debug -g
-I.. all.d base.d
  application.d internal/dlib.d internal/clib.d internal/utf.d
internal/com.d con
trol.d form.d registry.d drawing.d menu.d notifyicon.d
commondialog.d filedialog
.d folderdialog.d panel.d textbox.d richtextbox.d picturebox.d
listbox.d groupbo
x.d splitter.d usercontrol.d button.d label.d collections.d
internal/winapi.d in
ternal/wincom.d event.d socket.d timer.d environment.d
messagebox.d tooltip.d co
mbobox.d treeview.d tabcontrol.d colordialog.d listview.d data.d
clipboard.d fon
tdialog.d progressbar.d resources.d statusbar.d imagelist.d
toolbar.d
Notice: As of Phobos 2.058, std.ctype has been deprecated. It
will be removed in
  August 2012. Please use std.ascii instead.
internal\utf.d(91): Error: identifier 'useWfuncs' of
'std.file.useWfuncs' is not
  defined

Failed.

Done.
Could Not Find C:\D\dmd2\import\dfl\*.obj
DFL lib files not found.
Error: dfl_debug.lib not found

Press any key to continue . . .

This is when I realized I should stop heading down the rabbit
hole and ask here.

Help!