scope(exit) without exception handling?

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Wed May 16 10:19:01 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 16 May 2012 at 13:10:05 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> I don't see exception handling in the generated code (at least
> I don't see the _d_local_unwind2), I wonder a) if this is more
> efficient than scope(exit), and b) if so, why can't the
> compiler do this automatically?

I think you might be misreading the assembly – which operating
system are you on? You can only expect to see _d_local_unwind on
Windows, Dwarf EH is implemented differently.

In the first case, where the code can't throw, the exception
handling code is probably not generated at all.

David