Request for Review: DI Generation Improvements

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Wed May 16 16:09:37 PDT 2012

On Wed, 16 May 2012 14:37:46 -0700, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com>
wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:00:24 Adam Wilson wrote:
>> The biggest problem right now is that, while we all agree that these
>> changes need to happen, getting them merged appears to be nigh
>> impossible.
>> There appears to be a bottleneck in the process caused by the lack of
>> capable persons to verify and execute the merges, particularly for
>> druntime. There are 11 passing merges for the druntime at last count,
>> out
>> of 28 total. Alexrp and dawgfoto particularly seem to have a lot of
>> pulls
>> that are just languishing.
>
> That's just life with druntime, Phobos, and dmd. There are only so many
> people
> with commit access, and they're all busy. druntime is a bit worse than
> Phobos,
> since it often requires Sean to look at stuff, but they both have the
> problem.
> And in this particular case, since it impacts so much, it's one of the
> requests that Sean probabyl should look at, and I don't know how often
> he goes
> through druntime's pull requests.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

I absolutely agree that he should look at it. I was just kvetching about
the backlog in general. There are some really good fixes that aren't
getting merged. Realistically, I no longer expect for the full DI patch to
make it in to 2.060; but at the same time I don't want it to get
forgotten, and there are A LOT of bitrotten pulls on GitHub.

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender