Why typedef's shouldn't have been removed :(

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu May 17 07:24:37 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 03:04:00PM +0200, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 5/17/12, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
> > The compiler _might_
>
> Clang already does this with C++ for error messages, I see no reason
> why DMD shouldn't do the same.

I have brought this up before. Maybe I should open an enhancement
request? GCC (g++) already does this, for example:

	/tmp/test.c:3:12: error: cannot convert ‘const char*’ to ‘CSPTR {aka int*}’ in initialization

where int* has been typedef'd to CSPTR. Note that both are shown, which
is important because sometimes you need one, and sometimes the other.

Жил-был король когда-то, при нём блоха жила.