AliasTuples, rather than Records, to return multiple values

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu May 17 10:27:27 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 07:20:38PM +0200, deadalnix wrote:
[...]
> I think you show a real need here, but I don't really like your
> proposal. I'd advocate for recycling the comma operator for tuple
> building.

+1.

I know the topic of comma operator has been beaten to death several
times over, but I'm curious, how much is it _actually_ being used
outside of for loops? Would introducing (x,y,z) tuple syntax _really_
break a lot of code? Would it even break _any_ code? -- since tuple
syntax would tend to be used where you normally don't use the comma
operator.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence. -- Napoleon Bonaparte