Can't run 'masm386'

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Thu May 17 13:42:20 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 17 May 2012 at 20:07:23 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2012-05-17 17:53, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 5/17/2012 6:38 AM, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>>> Any chance this asm file can be written in D with asm block?
>> No.
> Wasn't the whole point of supporting inline assembly directly
> in D to avoid these situations.

It has been some time since I last looked at it, but IIRC there
is no way to write minit.asm in D inline asm because it requires
control over the name of its data sections in order to be able to
»bracket« all the ModuleInfo references (so an array of all
ModuleInfos can be reconstructed later).

David