[OT] Windows users: Are you happy with git?

Lars T. Kyllingstad public at kyllingen.net
Fri May 18 00:58:23 PDT 2012

I remember back when we were considering whether to move DMD,
Phobos and druntime from SVN on DSource to Git on GitHub, there
were some concerns about using Git on Windows.  People claimed
that Git was a very Linux-centric tool, and that Windows support
was buggy at best.

Still, we made the switch, and I haven't really registered that
many complaints since.  So now I'm curious:  Windows users, have
you just resigned, or did Git actually turn out to work well on
Windows?  Specifically, is it usable from the CMD command line,
and are graphical front-ends such as TortoiseGit any good?  (I
know running it through Cygwin works well, but that doesn't
count.)

-Lars