D dropped in favour of C# for PSP emulator

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Fri May 18 05:32:04 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 3:01 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu

>> I should read it anew, really, and complete the missing parts. Do not
>> hesitate to write an issue on GitHub if you see any mistakes.
>
> You may want to set up scripts that extract and compile code samples.

I did, as per your advice, and a very good one at that (levelled
dozens of bugs in my examples). About 200 samples get extracted from
the doc, compiled and logged. They all passed for 2.058, I don't think
2.059 changed anything that could affect my samples.
That was that extracting and compiling work that pushed me to write a
parser generator, btw.

The problem is not so much the code I show as what DMD now allows. For
example, I offer a poor man's UFCS mixin  in an example somewhere. But
now that DMD integrates UFCS, there is no real need for this mixin.
And so on.