stream interfaces - with ranges

Mehrdad wfunction at hotmail.com
Fri May 18 09:02:16 PDT 2012

On Friday, 18 May 2012 at 15:57:20 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> So?  So can a range of T[].
>
> I'm not getting your point yet...
>
> -Steve

Well you mentioned "There isn't an OS primitive that reads a file
descriptor into an e.g. linked list, anything other than a slice
would go through a translation.", but I was just pointing out
that there is, and that it doesn't go through any translation. I
guess you /can/ call it a "range of T[]", but then, you can
*also* call a linked list "a range of T[]"... where each T[] has
one element. That's not very useful tho, since their nature is
kinda different..