D dropped in favour of C# for PSP emulator

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri May 18 16:14:23 PDT 2012

On Friday, May 18, 2012 16:06:41 H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 04:24:47PM -0600, Brad Anderson wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Also, I think std.algorithm could use a mini-FAQ. std.range is long
> > overdue for an entire article explaining ranges but that's a well
> > known omission that pretty much everyone agrees on.
>
> What about the latest prerelease docs for std.range? I did clean up a
> lot of stuff there and tried to explain the basic idea of what a range
> is, and included a link to Andrei's article that describes the idea of
> ranges in-depth.
>
> Or is that still not good enough? How can we improve the docs further?

Making improvements to the docs is great and definitely a good idea (I don't
think that I've looked what you've done yet though, so I can't comment on the
specifics of what's there), but we really should have an in-depth article on
ranges in D and Phobos similar to Steven's article on arrays. Solid
documentation is a good starting point, but I don't think that it would be
appropriate to go as in-depth with the documentation as a good article would.

- Jonathan M Davis