D dropped in favour of C# for PSP emulator

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Fri May 18 16:28:35 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM, H. S. Teoh <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:

> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 04:24:47PM -0600, Brad Anderson wrote:
> [...]
> > Also, I think std.algorithm could use a mini-FAQ.  std.range is long
> > overdue for an entire article explaining ranges but that's a well
> > known omission that pretty much everyone agrees on.
>
> What about the latest prerelease docs for std.range? I did clean up a
> lot of stuff there and tried to explain the basic idea of what a range
> is, and included a link to Andrei's article that describes the idea of
> ranges in-depth.
>
> Or is that still not good enough? How can we improve the docs further?

> --
> Computers aren't intelligent; they only think they are.

I like it.  Looks like it's already up on the website and was included with
2.059 unless there are further changes beyond what's on
http://dlang.org/phobos/std_range.html

It's very clean now and the link to Andrei's article definitely helps.
Also, good thinking linking to the print version instead of the difficult
to read and confusing non-print version. People I link to Andrei's articles
on InformIT sometimes don't realize there is more than one page.

It's a great improvement to the documentation. I do agree with Jonathan,
though, that a official article on dlang.org like Steven's arrays article
would be a nice addition but what you've done helps enormously.