Posix vs. Windows

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sat May 19 12:28:49 PDT 2012

Am 19.05.2012 15:35, schrieb Sean Kelly:
> On May 18, 2012, at 5:39 PM, "Mehrdad"<wfunction at hotmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, imagine trying to name a method named "getValue()" to something else (probably because you realized that's not a great name :P).
>>
>> A HUGE time waster without refactoring tools, and last time I checked, no text-based tool did it.
>
> Possibly because this can be accomplished from the command line with find/grep/sed and the like.

While wiping everything else that is also called getValue() along the
way, even if they belong to instances of other classes.

I like UNIX and the command line is invaluable for certain tasks
regardless of the operating system, but sometimes I wonder if people
realized that it is no longer 1970 and better ways to develop software
do exist.

--
Paulo