Lazy evaluation of function arguments in D

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Sun May 20 12:06:08 PDT 2012

Le 20/05/2012 17:59, David Nadlinger a écrit :
> On Sunday, 20 May 2012 at 15:41:05 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
>> If so, this isn't complicated, just do some rewrite magic on the
>> expression if it is given and expression where a delegate is expected.
>
> Lazy parameters once used to work like this (back in the D1 times,
> before there even was a »lazy« storage class), but not everybody was
> happy with it – among other discussions, you should be able to find a
> thread named something along the lines of »But I don't want my delegates
> to be lazy« in the NG archives.
>
> David

Thank for the information. I think this thread have some good point but :
1/ Nobody is even considering pure/nothrow/@safe .
2/ Many problems are not solved with lazy.

lazy in itself isn't bad, but it don't play well with other features of
the language.

A language that have many feature that don't integrate nicely with one
another already exists. It is called C++, it is a reason that lead to D.
We can do the same mistake again and again, but it seems that E already
exists.