Interested in being abreast of the GSoC 2012 projects? Here's how

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun May 20 15:01:54 PDT 2012

As you may recall, we have three GSoC 2012 projects for which full-bore
coding starts tomorrow:

1. Extended Unicode Support by Dmitry Olshansky
2. Mono-D by Alex Bothe
3. Removing the gc lock from common allocations in D by Antti-Ville
Tuunainen.

We have a solid staff of mentors, but the larger community could add a
lot of value to the projects in the way of giving guidance to the
students, providing feedback, and such. To make this easier, I created
three mailing lists for the respective projects above:

gsoc2012dmitry at erdani.com
gsoc2012alex at erdani.com
gsoc2012antti-ville at erdani.com

These lists will carry traffic related to student-mentors communication.

If you'd like to help these projects or simply stay current with what's
going on, please send me email (erdani.com/index.php/contact) and I will
subscribe you to the list(s) of interest to you.

I should add that the nature of communication on these lists is
different from the normal newsgroup exchange. Please refrain from
off-topic discussions, tangential debates, and generally anything that
is not directly intended to help the students do a good job on the projects.

Thanks,

Andrei