[OT] Windows users: Are you happy with git?

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Mon May 21 05:47:32 PDT 2012

On Fri, 18 May 2012 20:49:48 +0100, Nick Sabalausky
<SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:

> "Matthias Pleh" <benutzer at example.com> wrote in message
> news:jp5len$6qa$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>
>> You can also
>> interchange both, Git-Extension and CLI, on the same project. (this
>> wasn't
>> the case with SVN + TortoiseSVN)
>>

> Switching betwen SVN CLI and TortoiseSVN always worked fine for me.

Same here, tho some others here at work have had issues.  The issues arose
because they upgraded one or the other to a new SVN library version, which
contained breaking changes to the on-disk representation of the .svn
(_svn) data.  As long as you make sure the CLI and Tortoise SVN lib
version (Tortoise will display both it's version, and the SVN lib it is
linked/built against in the about box) in sync, I believe it should work
fine (barring actual bugs in one or the other).