DCT use cases - draft

Denis Shelomovskij verylonglogin.reg at gmail.com
Tue May 22 07:48:47 PDT 2012

22.05.2012 18:04, Roman D. Boiko написал:
> http://d-coding.com/2012/05/22/dct-use-cases.html

Please, please, try to rape dmd to do what you want first because
otherwise you (like every other existing parsers in IDE) will fail with
templates which are used everywhere in D (I mean std.algorithm).

A suggestion:
   Step 1 (bad performance): pass whole UTF-8 encoded source to dmd for
recompilation every time (through memory mapped file, e.g.) and force
dmd to write everything you want (yes, to mmfile because there will be a
lot of information).
   Step 2 (better performance): stop dmd at some compilation stage (in a
function context) and on user input fork dmd, give it new data, execute
it, kill it. Pass whole source only when e.g. user start editing of
another function.

It looks like we can't do anything better without good compiler-as-library.

By the way, it was really easy to change dmd to produce token
information for token colonizing and it worked faster that Eclipse's
Descent IIRC.

--
Денис В. Шеломовский
Denis V. Shelomovskij