Who said that Node.js scales ?

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Tue May 22 13:55:25 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 22 May 2012 at 19:59:34 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "deadalnix" <deadalnix at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:jpgn05$29v4$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> Ha yes, it is on the website.
>>
>> You'll find here an article about that, and how Go do much
>> better because of goroutines :
>>
>> http://blog.bitcartel.com/2012/05/nodejs-cpu-blocking-thing.html
>>
>> I'd be very interested to know how D compare to that, for
>> example with vide.d ?
>
> I keep hearing about this popular "node.js" thing, so I finally
> looked it up
> just now. JavaScript on the server-side?!? WTF?!?! Like having
> PHP on a
> server isn't *enough* pain, now they gotta add in the
> second-worst language,
> too?

I will only use node.js if I am ever forced to do so.

There isn't a single node.js feature that it is not available in
more
mature runtimes/OS.

It is only a mean for cool kids that are only able to use
JavaScript, to
try to code server side applications.

I'll give it one, max two years until the fad wears off.

..
Paulo