Who said that Node.js scales ?

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Tue May 22 23:35:07 PDT 2012

> I keep hearing about this popular "node.js" thing, so I finally looked it up
> just now. JavaScript on the server-side?!? WTF?!?! Like having PHP on a
> server isn't *enough* pain, now they gotta add in the second-worst language,
> too?
>
> That's a great article, though. Interesting, intelligent and very
> well-written.
>
> I'm very curious how the vibe.d author would respond to the argument against
> embedded HTTP servers.

Is that argument mentioned in the article? I didn't see it.. but maybe I
skimmed over it too fast.

In general, the current model is single-threaded I/O + worker threads +
multiple processes behind a load balancer. However, it's planned for
v1.0 to support distribution of connection handler fibers to a thread
pool, so that explicit worker threads are not strictly necessary
anymore. This would be the Go model in principle.