Sparse matrix solver libraries

Justin Whear justin at economicmodeling.com
Wed May 23 09:12:40 PDT 2012

On Wed, 23 May 2012 16:16:19 +0200, Vic Kelson wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> OK. I'm sold on using D to develop an experimental hydrologic modeling
> code, but I need a sparse linear algebra package. Has anyone either
> developed such a package in D or linked to an existing C or C++ library?
> There are a number of existing free libraries out there, and I hate to
> reinvent the wheel. If no such D library interface exists, I'm happy to
> work on one as a community project, but I suspect I'll need quite a bit
> of help. Is anybody game for such a project?
>
> THANKS!
> --vic

I work for an economic modeling firm and we use a lot of D. We generally
just link against BLASPack or Intel MKL for our linear algebra needs
(linking C libs in D is really easy).

D's compile-time code generation abilities make the thought of a native D
solution rather interesting, but it would probably take years for such a
project to reach the maturity level of existing libraries.

Justin