Pegged and DMD Compilation Memory

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed May 23 11:37:07 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, May 23, 2012 18:21:42 Trass3r wrote:
> > No relief am afraid. I do know of someone in the past using the Boehm
> > GC with GDC, which vastly improved memory consumption.
>
> Didn't they try to enable the GC in dmd recently but it was a little
> disaster?

Yeah. It hurt compile times considerably. I'm not sure what the current plan
is, other than leaving it like it is for now. The current situation can result
in pretty atrocious memory usage by dmd, but there are more critical things
for Walter et al. to be working on, hence why it hasn't really been addressed
yet.

- Jonathan M Davis