GitHub for Windows

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed May 23 13:04:30 PDT 2012

> Macs computers are the first laptops reliable enough to be handled as
> an appliance - e.g. the sleep mode works well enough that I can casually lift
> the laptop off the couch while watching TV, open it, google for something, and
> close it, all within seconds. I _never_ got suspend to work reliably enough with
> other platforms.

Windows 7 is better at suspend/resume than any previous Windows, but it still
loses its shares randomly doing that, and needs rebooting.

Win7 has enough problems that I'm forced to keep my old WinXP machine operating:

1. can't run 16 bit programs

2. still sometimes fails when in a tight loop creating and deleting an exe file,
even though disabling Defender helps a lot

3. erratic issues with sharing directories. Sharing was simple with XP - one
click to share, another to unshare. Win7 has a maze of dialog boxes and
alternate ways of doing it, some work, some don't, and no feedback on whether it
works or not.