GitHub for Windows

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 13:35:36 PDT 2012

On Tue, 22 May 2012 06:54:23 -0400, Nick Sabalausky
<SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:

> Oh, so it's that time of the week again already? Time for MS to change
> their
> minds once again on which is cool and uncool: straight vs curved?
>
> Egads, it's like they're spinning their wheels just for the sake of
> spinning
> them. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: The computer industry
> has
> become the goddamn fasion industry.
>
> Win3: Rounded edges! Couldn't have those before!
>
> 95: Rounded is so old. Stright-edged (*cough* like Win1&2 *cough*) is
> classy!
>
> XP: Straight edges and flat colors are sooo old-fasioned! Roundess,
> curves
> and gradients are in! ("Yea, whatever...Luna: Off, Classic: On")
>
> Vista: Transperency is hip and modern! More curves! More shading!
>
> Win8: Transparency, curves, gradients and shading are sooo old-fasioned!
> Stright edges and flat colors are in!
>
> FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!
>
> It's all change just for the sake of fucking change. Why most of the
> world
> seems to be so chronically blind to it is beyond me.
>
> And then there's MS's "between-OS" styles-of-the-week, like in the late
> 90's
> when MS decided all their non-OS releases for one year should use black
> menu
> bars instead of system-default.
>
> Make up your fucking mind, MS.

This is one of the funniest things I've read in a while.  I know you hate
Macs, but this would make a great Mac commercial.

Although I would replace Vista in your narrative with Win7.  Vista was a
horrible abortion that should never have seen the light of day.

-Steve