Does D have "structural sharing" of immutable collections?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed May 23 16:51:44 PDT 2012

Roman D. Boiko:

> The end goal is to have something as easy to work with as
> collections of Scala or F# (I don't know Haskell), and, of
> course, efficient.

If you plan in creating a start of purely functional collections
library then I suggest you to also take a look at Clojure and
various Haskell collections. Clojure is very based on persistent
purely functional data structures, used in modern ways. And in
the Haskell tribe there are some very smart persons that have
worked on those things for fifteen years. So spending one extra
week reading and looking at those two worlds may help you a lot
later, and give you many good/better ideas.

Bye,
bearophile