Is dsource .org completely deserted?

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Wed May 23 22:22:43 PDT 2012

Am Thu, 17 May 2012 22:10:23 -0400
schrieb "Nick Sabalausky" <SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com>:

> "Andrej Mitrovic" <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:mailman.904.1337305802.24740.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> > On 5/18/12, H. S. Teoh <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:
> >> Is it really that bad?
> >
> > Speaking of Github, it's really annoying how many projects get listed
> > here even though they have nothing to do with D:
> > https://github.com/languages/D/created
> >
> > I don't understand how Github manages to pick up so many java/cpp
> > codebases and mark them as D codebases.
>
> I wonder if it's trying to detect D files with '*d' instead of '*.d'  Or,
> maybe an accidental regex for '.d$' instead of '\.d$'  The [few] projects in
> there that I looked at all had either a "README.md" or at least some
> filename that ended with a "d".

Now that's funny. I just looked at one such project and it had neither README.md, nor files ending in d. There were a few shell scripts which made up about half of the project and patches to Python 2.7. So no real programming language used. Yet GitHub shows:

D     83.8%
C     12.8%
Shell  2.7%
Other  0.6%

Assuming the .sh scripts get correctly recognized, there is something huge accounted for that doesn't actually exist in the repository. I'm sure there is already more than one bug report about this, as it is pretty obvious!

--
Marco