dget - getting code from github

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Thu May 24 01:34:15 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 24 May 2012 at 05:51:38 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Thursday, May 24, 2012 12:45:57 Ary Manzana wrote:
>> I think it's better to focus on a package manager that will
>> make this
>> 'dget' program obsolete.
>
> Though dget would be a pretty good name for a D package manager.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Agreed.

Every time I need to do something in an language without official
package manager support, I curse myself.

The uniform way of getting software distributed across operating
systems is a great feature and it is a joy to integrate with CI
systems.

I even forgive Maven for all its quirks.

--
Paulo