GitHub for Windows

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu May 24 03:14:07 PDT 2012

"Jacob Carlborg" <doob at me.com> wrote in message
news:jpkvqi$153n$1 at digitalmars.com...

> We don't want Like buttons and similar. That's why we use newsgroups,
> mailing lists and so on. That similes are displayed as images (in
> Thunderbird at least) is almost too much. :)

It may sound petty, and maybe it is, but that sort of thing is the biggest
reason I decided not to switch to Thunderbird when I tried it a few years
ago. I don't remember the smileys thing, but when I turn on "View messages
as **Plain Text**", I damn well expect that it results in...what
else?...*plain text*, and that it *not* go tromping all over asterisks,
underscores and slashes deciding that it knows best.