GitHub for Windows

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 05:45:50 PDT 2012

On Thu, 24 May 2012 03:23:24 -0400, simendsjo <simendsjo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 May 2012 00:03:59 +0200, Walter Bright
> <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/23/2012 2:57 PM, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>>> On Wed, 23 May 2012 16:29:36 -0400, Steven Schveighoffer
>>> <schveiguy at yahoo.com>

>>> BTW, you should be able to do this with XP mode.
>>>
>>> -Steve
>>
>> I checked that, but there was some other issue with that that made it
>> useless.
>
> Yeah, running 16-bit in win7 is difficult (next to impossible?).
> We ended up using virtualized xp machines for 16-bit applications at
> work :)

XP Mode *is* a virtualized XP Pro instance.

I'm unaware of the limitation Walter speaks of.  I know it won't do
hardware graphics acceleration, but other than that, I think it works just
like an XP system, except the application windows are displayed like they
were running on your win7 system.

-Steve