Live code analysis in DCT

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu May 24 06:21:44 PDT 2012

On 24/05/12 14:25, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
> http://d-coding.com/2012/05/24/performing-live-analysis-in-dct.html

Regarding another one of your posts (since I don't see a way to comment on your
blog), you wrote

> Please note, that DCT license is Boost and I would like to keep this license
> for all code in this project. SDC uses MIT license. This means that code from
> SDC should not be used in DCT (unless the author of code releases it under the
> Boost license).

[from here: http://d-coding.com/2012/05/24/contributing-to-dct.html ]

Is there any real reason for such a decision, beyond aesthetics?  The whole
point of permissive licences such as MIT and Boost is that you can incorporate
that code into other projects without prejudicing the broader licence choice of
the codebase.  Doesn't seem worth enforcing such a licensing constraint if the
MIT-licensed code is useful.