Nimrod language

Araq rumpf_a at web.de
Thu May 24 12:58:29 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 2 January 2011 at 06:46:46 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Andrei:
>
>> My fantasy: bearophile goes to the Nimrod forum and says "Hey,
>> how about this D language, seems interesting..." :o)
>
> That fantasy of yours means that I am interested in using my
> time to explain to Nimrod developers what's good in D, what may
> be modified or improved, to steal some of the good ideas of the
> D language for the development and spreading of Nimrod :-)
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

There is no need though. I'm already aware of D. And copied
nothing from it; features like CTFE or UCS have been in Nimrod's
design before D got them. Please consider that most of Nimrod's
design is from 2004, but development is slow enough that other
people got the same ideas. Nimrod is still different from D, and
includes many features that D does not have (distinct types, AST
macros, sum types, iterators, realtime GC) as well as lacks some
"anti-features" (like unchecked unions or undetectable integer
overflows).