GitHub for Windows

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu May 24 22:42:20 PDT 2012

"Sean Kelly" <sean at invisibleduck.org> wrote in message
news:mailman.1061.1337904113.24740.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
>On May 24, 2012, at 4:46 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>
>> On 5/24/2012 2:15 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>> You sir, have inspired me :) I started writing a reply, but it ended up
>>> being this:
>>>
>>> https://www.semitwist.com/articles/article/view/steve-jobs-was-not-a-good-designer
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> My main complaint with the touch interface is my touches often
>>frustratingly do not register.

I've heard a lot of about the iPhone's keyboard being amazingly accurate.
I've used it. It's *not* fucking accurate. Approx every 5 to 10 letters is
registered wrong - and that's when doing it slooowly and carefully. This is
because my fingers are not the size of a five-year-old's. I've never had
accuracy problems with a resistive touchscreen, because they don't require a
whole finger (and capactive styli suck, plus there's no place to store a
stylus anyway).

>Your skin is probably too dry.  Using a touch interface on a cold
>day can be an exercise in frustration for this reason.  I've taken to
>licking my fingers if touches don't register, and that always does the
>trick, though it's maybe a bit gross.=

Yet another reason resistive touchscreens fucking kick ass.