GitHub for Windows

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri May 25 13:57:33 PDT 2012

"Gour" <gour at atmarama.net> wrote in message
news:jpoc5j$1lvh$1 at digitalmars.com...
On Fri, 25 May 2012 10:42:09 -0400

> Here is something to make you a day. ;)
>
> http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2012/05/no-cost-desktop-software-development-is-dead-on-windows-8/
>
> &
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/u3pqj/microsoft_pulling_free_development_tools_for/

Oh my god, they really have lost their minds. *MS* moving *away* from
"developers, developers, developers"? Now I really have seen it all.

Although, and maybe it's just desperate optimisim (hah! me, "optimism" ;) ),
I can't shake the suspicion that they may just be "testing the waters" with
that idea. Ie, they're telling everyone that, and maybe they'll even start
it off like that, just to see if they can get away with it. They know that
they can change their mind if they need to, and they know they'll be
forgiven for it because the internet and everyone on it has the memory and
attention span of a fruit fly. Just a guess, though.