clear() and UFCS

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri May 25 18:38:03 PDT 2012

On Saturday, May 26, 2012 02:30:57 Mehrdad wrote:
> On Friday, 25 May 2012 at 20:41:10 UTC, John Chapman wrote:
> > On Friday, 25 May 2012 at 20:16:32 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
> >> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 1:34 PM, sclytrack <sclytrack at iq87.fr>

> >> I'm partial to defenestrate().
> >
> > One for the Doctor Who fans among us:
> >
> > exterminate().
>
> or we could just, uh, bring back delete...

clear and delete are very different things. It was definitely decided that we'd
be better off without delete. It's going for good. Renaming clear to something
that doesn't conflict so easily with more benign functions is completely
different from bringing back delete. Bringing back delete isn't even on the
table at this point.

- Jonathan M Davis