Nimrod language

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Fri May 25 23:38:15 PDT 2012

Andrei:

"dom96" <morfeusz8 at gmail.com>:

> BTW http://nimrod-code.org/ is the new Nimrod website, the one
> you linked to is long outdated.

It looks like "ventor3000" mentioned D there just yesterday on those forums. Here is an excerpt:

"[...] i'm in the CAD/CAM industry. [...] The last few years many programming languages have popped up like mushroms, and I have investigated virtually every one of them. Not many matches what I want, which includes:

* Fast compilation times
* Good performance
* Garbage collected
* Sourcecode without cluttered syntax
* Standalone executables
* Object oriented (I just cant stand functional languages)

The D language from digital mars is close to thoose specifications. The problem with D is that it overcomplicates things since it tries to do everything c++ does. I really like D but i think its totally overkill for real world applications. And I say this of long experience: Keep it simple. [...]"

The complete thread: http://forum.nimrod-code.org/t/15

--
Marco