dget - getting code from github

bioinfornatics bioinfornatics at fedoraproject.org
Sat May 26 01:51:41 PDT 2012

Le mercredi 23 mai 2012 à 16:14 -0700, Walter Bright a écrit :
> Currently, getting D code from github is a multistep process, that isn't always
> obvious. I propose the creation of a dget program, which will:
>
>      dget https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/libevent
>
> download the libevent code and install it in a subdirectory named libevent. Of
> course, the url could also be:
>
>      dget github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/libevent
>
> since https is assumed, or:
>
>      dget D-Programming-Deimos/libevent
>
> since github is assumed. And since Deimos is a known library,
>
>      dget libevent
>
> can also be hardwired into dget.
>
> Anyone want to implement such? It ought to be fairly straightforward, and will
> be a nice timesaver for a lot of people.

yes it is a feature i wish to add but the repository should be always
the same or by a config file understand where is the source code (root
of dir in  src dir ...), if it is a lib, a desktop application, a web
application (which vied, serenity ..), detect dependencies
i have start a little project for build common D project (80% of use
case) https://github.com/organizations/dbuilder-developers

this tool could in more download and build/install easilly if you put at
root of the github repo a config file (example of config file supported
https://github.com/dbuilder-developers/dbuilder/blob/master/examples/dbuilder.cfg )
 Any help are welcome, this tool goal to be easy to use
$ dbuilder get xxx // not implemented
$ dbuilder build
$ dbuilder install

in more from command line you can override value in config file

Sorry for my english

)