dbuilder, pakage manager, dget

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat May 26 08:33:27 PDT 2012

On 2012-05-26 13:34, bioinfornatics wrote:
> Dear,
>
> dbuilder: https://github.com/dbuilder-developers/dbuilder
>
> currently dbuilder works on Linux, Apple, Windows platform (at least)
> this tool allow to us to build easily lib, or desktop application
> It support // build, // install
> i think i will improve this tool to be use as a package manager, for
> this add to supported config file a new section
> ---
> [[dependenies]]
> [[[xxx]
> version_type=[version, tag, revision]
> repo_url=https://github ...https://bitbucket ...
> tool=[git, hg, svn]
> version=xx
> tag=xx
> revision=xx
> ---
>
> put the config file at root of repo for detect this file and use it
>
> if this config is not enough for to be used as config said to me what
> need to be added
>
> anyone is welcome

I don't think a built tool and package manager should be in the same
tool. A built tool works with individual files. A package manager works
with package, i.e. complete libraries/tools/applications.

I also think that in the long run both a build tool and a package
manager needs to use a full programming language as their config files.

--
/Jacob Carlborg