Is the D community lacking development tools?

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Mon May 28 16:01:47 PDT 2012

Am Fri, 25 May 2012 18:25:10 +0400
schrieb Dmitry Olshansky <dmitry.olsh at gmail.com>:

> I tried Mono-D. No dice, it uses about 1.5Gb of RAM on my 2 file "project".

That's odd. I have a few open projects and 180 MB memory use after loading the IDE. That's on 64-bit Linux. I've never had OOM issues with Mono-D.

> But it lacks:
> - fast editor ;)

That's in part due to how unprepared the poor GtkTextView was when it was told to highlight source code. I think it is neither optimized for setting/switching out thousands of tokens, nor for fixed width fonts where applicable (e.g. calculating column/line pixel offsets). GEdit and MonoDevelop both use GtkSourceView/GtkTextView btw.

--
Marco